Meet the Manager…
The City Manager is the chief administrator of the City and is appointed by City Council.
James A. Inman was appointed as the City Manager for Bessemer City in 2012.
Roles and Responsibilities…
• Overseeing the performance of all City departments
• Implementing policies and ideas adopted by City Council
• Ensuring that all projects, operations, and functions of the City operate efficiently
• Ensuring all Local, State, and Federal laws are followed by the City
• Responding to citizen concerns
The Manager also works to develop the City’s annual budget, works with other administrators in the region, and other duties assigned to the manager per the request from City Council.