The Code Enforcement Services Division of the Police Department exists to listen and respond to our citizens concerns regarding the image, appearance, health, safety and welfare of the City and its environs. Through a variety of means, we judiciously pursue the abatement of nuisances that aggrieve the community through the fair and equitable application of the City’s minimum housing, commercial maintenance, zoning, public nuisance, and junk vehicle codes.
Ultimately it is the goal of the Code Enforcement Department to provide the following benefits to the community:
- Protect the public health, safety and general welfare
- Help reduce factors contributing to certain types of crime
- Preserve and/or raise property values
- Improve the community’s appearance and image
- Demolition of substandard housing
Contact Code Enforcement