Gaston County Natural Resources Department
1303 Dallas Cherryville Hwy,
Dallas, NC 28034
The Gaston County Natural Resources Department is responsible for planning and establishing the county’s natural resources’ conservation programs and implementing county, state, and federal natural resource statutes. Department staff help landowners, citizens, municipal and county governments and industry to control erosion and sedimentation for improved water quality, obtain grants for stream and wetland restorations for storm water management, assist municipalities with bio-solids waste management, assist animal facility operators with animal waste management, aist governments with watershed management issues to ensure quality drinking water supplies, and presents environmental conservation education programs to students, groups, organizations, clubs, and citizenry.
North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources
The N.C. Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) is the lead stewardship agency for the preservation and protection of North Carolina’s outstanding natural resources. The organization, which has offices from the mountains to the coast, administers regulatory programs designed to protect air quality, water quality, and the public’s health. DENR also offers technical assistance to businesses, farmers, local governments, and the public and encourages responsible behavior with respect to the environment through education programs provided at DENR facilities and through the state’s school system.
Through its natural resource divisions, DENR works to protect fish, wildlife and wilderness areas. The agency’s activities range from helping to make sure drinking water is safe to managing state parks and forests for safe and enjoyable outdoor recreation experiences. From A (aquariums on the coast) to Z (the N.C. Zoological Park), DENR touches the lives of all North Carolinians and our guests in many ways to enhance and ensure our quality of life.
It is the mission of Earth 911 to empower the public with community-specific resources to improve their quality of life.
Below are examples of resources you can find at Earth 911.com
- Find your local Recycling center and to learn more about recycling in your community and the state.
- Recycling aluminum, plastic, glass and paper recycling, or to recycle other common household items.
- Got household hazardous material under the kitchen sink or in the garage?
- Learn where and how to properly dispose of HHW in your community.
- Cell Phone and Computer Recycling
- Cool Games and activities and environmental information for kids, teachers and parents.
- Learn about the benefits of aluminum can recycling, where to recycling cans in your community and how to sign up for recycling E-mail alerts.
- Information on environmental programs and events happening in your community!